7. Chartered private jet: pick an evil-twin beef/subvert them. Imitation is not the highest form of flattery. Subversion is.
8. Your own private jet: include-and-transcend in a bigger idea, forcing authority to turn into student if they don’t want to retire
5. Business class: cite for a specific idea that you actually need to build on, but in a sufficient way, not necessary. There are other competing sources to cite that would serve as well, so choosing one is some mix of buy-in to a subcultural game, voting, buying influence, and respect,
6. First class: cite for a specific and necessary idea that’s available nowhere else, or is so clearly best of breed it would be small-minded/ungracious to cite the competition. Taleb operates here.
The intellectual influence freemium hierarchy citation airline
1. Basic economy tier: tag on twitter
2. Economy: cite in general terms, mostly to CYA and insure against them sending their troll mobs after you or beefing with you
3. Premium economy: faithfully imitate their patterns, acknowledging influence
4. Mileage program early boarding: summarize their work for others, evangelize
Update + Request
Novel is proceeding, mostly, according to plan. Next step? Publicly post the prologue. Before that, however, I’d like more people to read it and offer their gut feelings, or detailed commentary.
It’s 2k words + I’d like feeback before the end of the weekend. If you’re interested, DM or email me. It’ll come across as a Google doc.
Young sciences are so much more fun. Trying to identify a mushroom, I come across this:
"At the time of this writing (April, 2015) the genus "Polyporus" is headed for major changes; DNA studies (for example Sotome et al., 2008) have made it clear that the genus we thought we had a handle on is actually fairly incoherent, requiring a number of taxonomic changes."
So I recently turned on protected tweets on Twitter
Interesting experience. Slight mastodon feel as a result. Though too many followers to feel truly relaxing. #DListerProblems
sometimes my wife will notice that I'm quietly staring off into space and she'll ask "What are you thinking about?"
Invariably, at the moment she asks my train of thought will be on something incredibly stupid, but I'll answer honestly: "I was thinking about Insane Clown Posse. You ever wonder how their fans got the name Juggalos?"
or, you know, whatever nonsense i was thinking about at that moment
Hello, if you joined via the just-concluded meatspace Refactor Camp 2019 in LA, please post an #introduction
Is logos a proper noun?
Or, is Aristotelian Logic translatable into Chinese?#heyfeedfox https://www.radicalphilosophy.com/article/is-logos-a-proper-noun?fbclid=IwAR2aWALJd9TBL0cGg9mREsz4lEZo7INGeEpqGSmkJI2arx7aRP8uTlm9lSM